Our financial year runs from 1 April to 31 March. We agree an annual budget around November each year and also decide how much the annual Precept* should be set at.
Our accounts are subject to quarterly internal control checks and an annual internal audit by a locally commissioned provider. Following this, we submit our annual accounts in the form of an annual return to an external auditor appointed by the Audit Commission. The annual return can be inspected by members of the public – contact the Clerk for further details or click on the links below.
Financial year 2018/19
- Adopted budget 2018/19 (adopted by Council January 2018)
Annual Return 2016/17
- Anual Return External Auditor report and certificate 2016-17
- Annual Return internal audit report 2016-17
- Annual Return governance statement 2016-17
- Annual Return Accounting Statement 2016-17
- Annual Return Bank Reconciliation 2016-17
- Annual Return variances 201617
- Summary Receipts & Payments 2017
- Notice of date for public rights
- Notice of conclusion of audit
Financial year 2015/16
- Annual Return 2016 Governance Statement
- Annual Return 2016 Accounting Statement
- Annual Return 2016 Internal Audit
- Annual Return 2016 External Auditor Certificate & Report
- Summary receipts & payments 2015/16
- Bank Reconciliation 2015/16
- Variances yr-end 2016
Financial year 2014/15
- Annual Return 2015 Accounts Statement
- Annual Return 2015 Governance Statement
- Annual Return 2015 Internal Audit Statement
- Annual Return 2015 External Auditor Certificate & Report
- Summary Receipts & Payments 2014-15
- Bank Reconciliation 2014-15
*Parish Councils are empowered to raise money for their activities through a tax (the “Precept”) on the village residents which is collected on their behalf by the District Council, as an addition to the District and County Council Tax. This is then paid to the Parish Council in two equal installments.
Each year we give grants to worthy local community groups and projects. If you feel that your group could benefit from a small grant from the Parish Council then please write to us. We would like to hear about the plans you hope to achieve, how much you are looking for and who would benefit. We consider grant applications in November each year. Please first read our policy.