The Parish Council is consulted regularly by Breckland District Council and Norfolk County Council on planning applications within the Parish. The vast majority of planning applications are dealt with by Breckland District Council. The Parish Council does not make planning decisions but does submit observations to the relevant authority. When we receive a planning application to consider, it will be discussed at our next full Parish Council meeting. Planning applications have to be listed on our meeting agenda so if a planning application is received after our agenda has been published it will feature on the following meeting’s agenda.
Breckland District Council now has a planning on-line service. The search facilities will allow you to:-
- check the progress of current applications (Application Tracker)
- comment on undecided applications online
- view all related plans, documents and comments (Application Register)
- look at determined applications and any conditions or reasons for refusal attached to them (Conditions & Reasons Register)
- view information relating to appeals (Appeals Register).
If you have any comments/observations on planning applications please make your views known to the relevant officer at the District/County Council. You can also let the Parish Council know your views in writing and/or attend our meetings and have the opportunity to speak during our public participation session.